International Tax Planning
The importance of International Tax Planning
In today’s constantly changing International Tax Environment, with initiatives taken from all over (OECD, EU, G8 etc), taking the proper advice before every cross border business transaction is more appropriate than ever before:
The international businesses should be consulted frequently on issues regarding compliance, economic substance, permanent establishments in other jurisdictions etc, in order to continue to enjoy tax benefits in a legal framework. Staying inactive in this changing environment may prove to be catastrophic.
The global economy drives growth. But every market presents complex planning and compliance challenges that must be understood individually but addressed collectively. We offer the local knowledge and global perspective to help with a broad range of issues such as:
- The OECD’s BEPS Initiative
- The different EU initiatives such as the new EU Parent Subsidiary Directive, the EU Anti-Avoidance Directives and other;
- The proper interpretation and application of double taxation agreements, including the effect of anti-avoidance and anti-treaty shopping clauses;
- The Common Reporting Standard (CRS) for automatic exchange of information;
- The requirements of business, operational and economic substance that are being put in place by various jurisdictions across the Globe.