Running a limited company
Contents— A Quick Guide to Directors' Duties in Cyprus
— Taking money out of your Cyprus Company
— Cyprus Company changes you must report to the Registrar of Companies of Cyprus
— Cyprus Company Records you must keep
— Accounting Records the Cyprus Company must Keep
— Prepare Annual Financial Statements
— Obligations of the Cyprus Company to the Registrar of Companies
— Obligations of the Cyprus Company to the Registrar of Taxation
— Obligations of the Cyprus Company to the Social Insurance Services
Which changes you must report to the Cyprus Registrar of Companies
- Changing the name of the Cyprus company
- Changing your company’s registered office address
- New appointments or resignations of directors or changes to their personal details
- Substitution of the company secretary
- Any alterations to the shares of the company (increase, decrease, transfer etc.)
- Any charges on the company’s assets
- Amendments to the Articles of Association or the Company’s memorandum
- The Annual Return of the company (HE 32)
- Winding up or dissolution of the company
Changes in the Cyprus Company that must be approved by the shareholders
You may need to get shareholders to vote on the decision if you want to:
- Approve the change of the Cyprus company's name.
- Amend the company's memorandum (subject to court approval) and articles of association.
- Alter the company's share capital.
- Reduce the company's share capital or the company’s share premium account (subject to court approval).
- Appoint and remove the company's auditors and agree their remuneration (other than the first auditors).
- Appoint and remove the company's directors.
- Approve schemes of reorganization or arrangement including cross-border mergers and company reconciliations.
- Approve the provision of financial assistance for the purchase of a company's own shares (applies only in private companies).
- Approve the issue of shares at a discount (applies only in private companies).
- Resolve that the company is wound up voluntarily and, where the winding-up is solvent, this includes a power to appoint the liquidator and agree his remuneration.
- Approve the purchase by the company of its own shares (applies only in public companies).
You do not necessarily need to have a meeting of shareholders to pass a resolution. If the right amount of the shareholders of the Cyprus Company have told you they agree, you can confirm the resolution in writing. But you must write to all shareholders letting them know about the decision.